City of Council Bluffs
The City of Council Bluffs is currently hiring for the position of Plant Maintenance Mechanic!
Mission: Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of life and attractiveness of the City of Council Bluffs.
Pay: $24.70/HR with step increases to $30.82/HR
Application Deadline: August 23, 2022
Responsibilities: An employee in this class is responsible for the continuous operation and maintenance of the Water Pollution Control Plant facilities’ equipment. This is a highly skilled mechanical work position in the operation of the Water Pollution Control Plant.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Mechanical Trade School Certificate, preferred
• Two (2) years of relevant experience, preferred
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must obtain and maintain a Grade 1 State of Iowa Wastewater Certificate or Grade I Wastewater Collection System Certification within two (2) years of hire
• Must obtain and maintain a Backflow Preventer Operation and Maintenance Certification within two (2) years of hire
The City of Council Bluffs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit the City Employment Opportunities page for more pertinent information, to apply, and to view the job description. Contact the City’s Recruiter, Cori Shaw, at 712-890-5275 with any questions!
Below is the link to the City’s Employment Opportunities page:
To apply for this job please visit mss.councilbluffs-ia.gov.