Water For People and Xicotepec Project
In spite of unusual circumstances this year, Water For People and Rotary’s Xicotepec Project still need our support. The following options are available to support these causes this fall. All fundraisers are being combined for IAWEA and Iowa Section AWWA.
- Virtual Silent Auction: A silent auction will be held online at https://www.biddingowl.com/waterforpeopleiowa. After processing and shipping fees, 100-percent of successful bid value will go to Water For People. Item donations will be solicited soon, but feel free to reach out to Jonathan Contag (515.233.0000 or email@example.com) if you would like to donate an item. The auction is scheduled for October 1-15; click the above link or see attached flyer for details.
- A virtual cup collection via PayPal donation button is available on the silent auction landing page. After processing fees, 100-percent of these contributions will go to Water For People. The donation page can be accessed directly by clicking this link (https://www.paypal.com/donate/?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=AFSTAAY9UL8KL&source=url).
- Virtual Golf Outing: To participate, golf on your own anytime before the October 9 deadline, and submit your score and a $20 entry fee. Teams will be drawn from a hat and prizes will be awarded. Multiple entries are allowed for $20 each. Net proceeds will benefit Water For People and the Xicotepec Project, with half going to each cause. See attached flyer for details.
- In lieu of the traditional motorcycle ride, contributions to the Xicotepec Project can be made directly by check payable to IAWEA sent to:
FOX Engineering Associates, Inc.
414 South 17th Street, Suite 107
Ames, IA 50010
- Contributions to the Xicotepec Project may also be made during the registration process for the IAWEA Virtual Wastewater Conference available at www.iawea.org.
Please direct any questions or comments to Taylor Hopper, Water For People Committee Chair, at 515.520.9702 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your continued support of Water For People.