- To recognize individuals for outstanding performance, professionalism and contributions to the water quality analysis profession.
- Employment at an educational facility laboratory, industrial commercial or municipal laboratory which performs wastewater related analysis and must have direct analytical responsibilities.
- Membership and involvement in professional associations.
- Outstanding efforts in wastewater and environmental aquatic analyses, including items such as innovative sampling techniques, solutions to a treatment, analytical or environmental problem.
- Presentations at professional conferences, meetings, etc. relevant to water quality analysis.
- Contributions which have been beneficial to the nominees facility.
- Involvement in professional certification and continuing education activities. h. Involvement in community activities or public relations.
- Unusual initiative or performance beyond the call of duty.